Sunday, November 25, 2012

Bad

Noah's words broke my heart this evening.  He was talking with Mike during our usual "Lay on Your Legs" right before going to sleep.  He told Mike, "I am the smartest in my class and I am also the baddest." It still makes me feel like crying.  Noah is struggling, big time. He did not behave like this is Preschool and we are in a few processes to get him help that he needs.

Noah is NOT bad. Period. He is different, and even that makes me angry because EVERY kid in different.  Noah's different is causing him to have trouble coping with the quantity of children and the many and constant loud sounds of his school. He has troubles with controlling his emotion and as a result they come out badly.  To make matters worse the kids know he has a hard time and now they are provoking him and because Noah is the one getting caught, he is the one getting in trouble. Mama is getting angry and so upset. I want to protect him and I can't. Noah was never like this until school started this year, we had some difficulties, but the anger and emotion he acts out is like nothing I have ever seen...

It is heartbreaking as a Mom to hear your child tell you he is bad, because I know he is not. He is the sweetest most loving boy a Mom could have.  He tells me he loves me all the time and gives more hugs and kisses than I ever imagined I would be so lucky to receive.  Noah thinks differently and is special in a most awesome way.  We are going to get through these difficulties and watch out world, Noah is going to do amazing things and one day we will laugh about all the trials and heartache we experienced in his 1st grade year.

No comments: