Wednesday, January 23, 2013

All Because of a Tiny Little Gummie?!

Noah struggles have suddenly ceased! Now, I am not going to hold my breath that we are done with them completely, I know that is unrealistic when he was having daily struggles and I was celebrating if we were not being called to come and get him...but I am going to cherish the good times he has recently had.  He has had TWO AMAZING WEEKS of awesome behavior and no interruptions in class! 

I am not entirely sure how this has happened but I have a few speculations:
1. Mike graduated and while he is busy working and such, he is more available when he is home.
2. Noah was able to have a nice Christmas Break and enjoy being with family.
3. And the possibly bigger reason, I put Noah on a regimen of two gummie Flinstone vitamins a day and we do not vary this at all. 

I have been told that diet or a lack of some nutrition can cause behavior problems, but I was not entirely sold on that idea.  I thought it would be good to try and see, we tried Added Attention and it did not help.  So I though maybe that was not the case, we had a bout of flu and illness pass through the house and I thought Noah would better from a vitamin...boy was I right?!

See here is the thing, I am still skeptical, could Noah have just decided it was more fun being nice.  Has something else changed that I am not realizing?!  I don't know, but you can be guaranteed that I am not changing the things I think are working...So, everyday after dinner, Noah will be receiving 2 gummie multivitamin flinstones along with lots of hugs and kisses...

No matter what happens, I am thankful for this reprieve of daily struggles that we had happening.  If it happens again, we will approach the subject then, but for now, I am going to stay proud of my smart little man and be thankful he has been happier in class than he has been all year!

On a bragging note, awhile back, Noah was placed in the highest level1st grade Math class, because of his awesome behavior, they finally felt comfortable to place him into the highest 1st grade level Literacy class this week.  In both Noah is flourishing and has found challenges that only a teacher can give him.  He LOVES school and learning.  I am looking forward to summer, we are signing Noah up for baseball this weekend.  It is so fun to watch him play!

Even with the change of behavior, next week Noah is being evaluated.  We have had struggles for too long and I am now not sure if there is anymore to it, so I will leave it to the experts...

No comments: